- Quantity: 60ml; Item Form: Oil
- The Bio-Oil formulation is a combination of plant extracts and vitamins suspended in an oil base; It contains the breakthrough ingredient PurCellin Oil, which changes the formulation’s overall consistency, making it light and non-greasy, ensuring that the goodness contained in the vitamins and plant extracts is easily absorbed
- Bio-Oil has undergone safety assessments in accordance with the Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council on Cosmetic Products
- The toxicological profile, chemical structure, level of inclusion and total level of daily exposure of each ingredient used has been assessed and deemed safe for use (including for use by pregnant women)
- Bio-Oil is a specialist skincare oil that helps improve the appearance of scars, stretch marks and uneven skin tone. It is also effective for aging and dehydrated skin; Skin Type: all Skin Types
- Skin Type: All Skin Types
- Package Content: 1 Skin Care Oil
Scars: Scars are an integral part of the healing process and result from an overproduction of collagen at the wound site. Scars go through numerous changes as they mature, but they are permanent in nature. Bio-Oil is formulated to help improve the appearance of scars, but it can never remove them. Bio-Oil should be massaged in a circular motion into the scar, twice daily, for a minimum of 3 months. On new scars, Bio-Oil should be applied only once the wound has healed, and should not be used on broken skin. Results will vary from individual to individual. Stretch marks: When the body expands faster than the covering skin, the skin tears, forming a scar as it heals. These scars are visible on the surface of the skin as stretch marks. The likelihood of developing stretch marks varies according to skin type, race, age, diet and hydration of the skin. Those most prone to stretch marks include pregnant women, body builders, adolescents undergoing sudden growth spurts and individuals who experience rapid weight gain. Stretch marks are permanent in nature, and although Bio-Oil is formulated to help improve their appearance, it can never remove them. Bio-Oil should be massaged in a circular motion into the stretch marks, twice daily, for a minimum of 3 months. During pregnancy, it should be applied from the start of the second trimester to areas that are prone to stretch marks such as the abdomen, breasts, lower back, hips, buttocks and thighs. Results will vary from individual to individual. Uneven skin tone: Uneven skin tone occurs when there is an inconsistent production of melanin by the body. This can be triggered by external causes, such as excessive exposure to the sun or the use of poor quality skin lightening products; or internal causes, such as hormonal fluctuations related to pregnancy, menopause or the use of oral contraceptives. Bio-Oil helps improve the appearance of uneven skin tone. Bio-Oil should be applied to the affected areas, twice daily, for a minimum of 3 months. Bio-Oil does not contain a sunscreen factor. If you are using a sunscreen apply it once Bio-Oil has been fully absorbed. Results will vary from individual to individual. Ageing skin: Wrinkled skin commonly associated with ageing is largely caused by the weakening of the collagen and elastin support system in the skin. Bio-Oil contains numerous ingredients that help to plasticise the skin, making it softer, smoother and more supple, thereby reducing the appearance of wrinkled skin. Bio-Oil also moisturises, which improves the texture, tone and appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Bio-Oil should be applied to the affected areas twice daily. Results will vary from individual to individual. Dehydrated skin: The surface of the skin has an invisible oil layer which acts as a barrier to stop moisture from escaping. In a very dry climate this lipid layer is often unable to cope and too much moisture is drawn out of the skin. Daily bathing or showering may exacerbate this by stripping away the lipid layer due to the astringent effects of soap and water. Bio-Oil supplements the skin’s natural oil layer, helping to restore its barrier function of retaining moisture. Bio-Oil should be applied twice daily. Results will vary from individual to individual.