Dilanyl is indicated for
• Bronchial Asthma
• Chronic Bronchitis
• Emphysema and other lung diseases accompanied with bronchospasm.
Dosage and Administration
The initial dose is:
8 ml, 3 times daily.
May be increased to: 16 ml, 3 times daily.
0.25 ml/ kg body weight, three times daily.
Dilanyl is rapidly absorbed after oral administration, and takes 30-45 minutes to begin its action.
Precautions / Contraindications
Dilanyl should be used with caution in
• Myocardial insufficiency as Ischaemic Heart Disease, Arrhythmia and Heart Failure.
• Pregnancy and breast feeding
• Dilanyl should not be taken when the patient is hypersensitive to Terbutaline.
Drug interaction may occur when Dilanyl is taken with
• Beta1 blockers(as cardiovascular drugs)
• Adrenaline, Noradrenaline and Dobutamine
Dilanyl is available as:
Syrup(1.5 mg / 5 ml ) glass bottle, size 100 ml